While it’s important to drink plenty of water to stay healthy, it’s even more important to drink quality, safe, purified water. To ensure your water is safe for your family’s consumption, make sure your water filtration system is working properly. To have your system repaired or installed, call Reliability Home Services for prompt and expert services in the Dundalk, MD area.
Issues to your sewer line can put your family’s health at risk. For immediate help, contact us about our sewer line repair services.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
When selecting a water purification system for your home in Dundalk, MD, you have several options. Let’s take a look at each type, and its benefits:
- Charcoal filters: Very widely used and tend to be cost-effective.
- Sediment filters: Good for filtering well water.
- Water distillers: Use energy to remove Cryptosporidium and minerals.
- Reverse osmosis: Removes Cryptosporidium and minerals to create bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline water ionizers: Add a milli-volt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH level.
- Ultraviolet water filters: Destroy germs, but the bulbs have a limited lifespan and need to be replaced.
- Magnetic water filters: Reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared water filters: Passively reshape the water structure.
- Catalytic systems: Use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.
Required Maintenance on Filtration Systems
To keep your whole-house water filtration system working properly, it’s important to keep it well maintained. Reliability Home Services offers professional water filtration services, but in between professional visits, you can perform some of these tasks to keep your system in peak condition longer:
- If you have a carbon filter, it will need to be replaced from time-to-time.
- The membrane in a reverse osmosis system will need to be cleaned and replaced. Its pump may also require service occasionally.
- The components in a water distillation filter will need to be cleaned.
- The bulbs in an ultraviolet water filter will need to be replaced frequently.
- If you have a carbon filtration system, your system can malfunction if the filters are not changed regularly.
- In a reverse osmosis system, the pump can suffer issues that can affect your water pressure.
- While a water distillation system may have less common problems than the other systems, it can take it longer to perform its job.
Don’t tolerate showering in standing water. Learn about our drain cleaning services.
Common Problems With Water Purification Systems
Occasionally, you might run into issues with your home’s water filtration system. Some problems you might encounter can include: