Your water heater is a crucial component of your home all year long. Having hot water supplied to your home at all times is extremely important. Adopting a maintenance routine for your water heater is essential in prolonging its lifespan and functionality.
If you ever suspect that your water heater is in need of repairs or want expert advice on how to maintain your unit, give us a call. At Reliability Home Services, we firmly stand by our motto, “Welcome to Reliable Country!” We can address and treat any and all of your water heater needs. Count on us to handle all of your Dundalk water heater services!
Read about our excellent services in our customer reviews and testimonials.
What are some common issues with water heaters?
A water heater is probably the most expensive component in your home’s plumbing system. Most of the problems are generally easy to figure out and repair.
Here are some of the most common water heater problems that can occur:
- Not enough hot water.
- Water that is too cold or too hot.
- Smelly water.
- Tank making noises.
We have professionals who are trained and certified to fix common water heater problems. A leaking tank is probably the worst water heater problem you can run into. Our professionals have special tools that are needed to fix these water heater problems.
When should your repair your unit?
A water heater is one of the most important appliances in your home. Most water heaters last for many years. However, they need proper maintenance from time to time.
Here are a few signs that let you know you need to repair your water heater:
- Leaking tank – This is a sign that your water heater needs maintenance. It will need to be turned off and completely drained. This needs to be done before it is repaired. A professional needs to be called for repair services that involve a leaking tank. We have experts that are qualified to do this job.
- No hot water – Your water heater definitely needs maintenance if it stops producing hot water. The top or bottom element may need to be replaced.
- Rusty water – This is another sign that your water heater may need maintenance. This means sediment has accumulated at the bottom of the tank. It needs to be cleaned out. A professional needs to be called out for this repair as well.
Visit our coupons page to access our online discounts and specials.
When should you replace your unit?
There have been instances where someone has taken a shower before you and used all the hot water. This means that the water will be cold for the next person who uses the shower. This is a sign that you may need to replace your water heater. It is recommended that a water heater should be replaced every 10 years. This also depends on the condition of the water heater.
Here are some signs that let you know you need to replace your water heater:
- Water leakage around your tank – It is alarming to spot any type of water leak. It could lead to bigger issues if it is not taken care of immediately. There may be a busted pipe or a hole in your water heater due to rust.
- Rust colored water – Rusting can cause major problems. These problems include holes or water contamination. The tank may have rust inside if the water is discolored when you first turn it on.
- Old age – Try to pay attention to the date of your water heater. Any unit over 15 years should be replaced as it is probably nearing the end of its lifespan.
What are some professional maintenance options?
A service professional should conduct a thorough inspection of your water heater. This should be done at least once a year. Our plumbers will check the pressure relief valve as well as drain your tank to remove any sediment. The tank and connections will be inspected for rust, wear, or corrosion. If there are any worn anode rods, they will also be replaced.