If you resolved to be happier and healthier in 2017, it’s time to start with your home. There are several steps you can take to make sure your home is healthy and efficient all year long. Here are some of our top planning tips for a healthy New Year:
AC, Heater Cleaning, and Mold InspectionCleaning your HVAC units on an annual basis is a great way to make sure everything is running smoothly. With an annual cleaning and inspection, an experienced technician will get rid of any dust or debris inside your HVAC system, making sure it doesn’t make its way into your air. Many of these units also come into contact with water; for instance, the AC system has a drip tray for water condensed by the evaporator coil. Anywhere that moisture is able to settle, there is a risk for mold growth. Mold in your home causes numerous health concerns, worsened allergy symptoms and difficulty breathing for many people. By making sure there is no mold in your HVAC systems, you can rest assured that your air is clean and fresh.
Schedule a Duct Cleaning AppointmentMany homeowners ignore their ducts. Although these passageways are in charge of moving air throughout our home, we tend to forget about them when it comes to our home maintenance. Over the years, your ducts pick up a lot of dust, pollen, pet hair, debris and other allergens. If left unchecked, these impurities make their way into your air and cause worsened allergy symptoms, difficulty breathing, illness and more. Additionally, dirty ducts also contribute to an inefficient AC system since the dust and dirt in the ducts will absorb the warm or cool air traveling through. This means your AC or furnace will have to work harder to keep your home warm and result in a higher energy bill. All of these issues are resolved with regular duct cleaning.
Invest in a Dehumidifier or HumidifierDepending on your unique household needs, you may benefit from installing a whole-house dehumidifier or humidifier. Here are the benefits of both systems:
- Removes excess humidity from the air without changing the temperature.
- Reduces allergy symptoms and improves breathing.
- Prevents mold growth.
- Perfect if you have dripping windows.
- Will eliminate that muggy, uncomfortable feeling in your home.
- If your home is too dry, a humidifier will add an acceptable amount of humidity back into the air.
- Prevents dry skin and nose bleeds associated with overly dry air.
- Will help prevent wooden floors and beams from warping due to dry air.
- Can help reduce certain allergy symptoms and improve breathing.