Living without hot water is nearly impossible for most people, but we typically take our water heaters for granted unless they fail on us. That’s when we realize the value they truly have in our lives and require fast repair in order to not lose too much quality time in our day.
At Reliability Home Services, we have been providing Dundalk, MD homeowners with fast, dependable water heater services for more than a decade. With our level of expertise and professionalism, you’ll never go anywhere else for your water heater repairs or replacements.
Find out why so many of our customers are repeat customers – just take a look at our recent reviews and feedback.
How to Know If You Need to Replace Your Water Heater?
It’s often easy to know that something is wrong with your water heater, but how do you know if repair or replacement will be required? While there are exceptions, a few rules of thumb can go a long way in determining what the best course of action will likely be. If your water heater is experiencing any of the following, water heater replacement is often needed:
- Leaking tank – If your water heater tank itself is leaking, replacing your unit is almost always necessary.
- Age – If your water heater is more than 10-15 years old, then installing a new one is your most cost-effective option.
- Frequent repairs – Experiencing frequent costly repairs? This is likely a sign that your water heater is at the end of its life and replacing it is necessary.
If you’re experiencing any of the above signs, get in touch with the friendly experts at Reliability Home Services for a cost-effective water heater installation.
Common Water Heater Repairs
Our water heaters are not invincible, sometimes repair is necessary. The following are some of the most common water heater repairs we encounter:
- Thermostat malfunctioning – Since the thermostat controls the temperature of the water, if it is not working your water heater will not heat up the water properly.
- Electrical problems – Traditional water heaters rely on several electrical components to heat your water so if any is not working, neither will your water heater.
- Pilot light is blinking – If you use a gas water heater and the pilot light is blinking it could mean the unit is low on gas.
- Hissing or popping noise – If your water heater is making a hissing noise, it likely means there is sediment buildup on the bottom of the tank and should be cleaned.
If you require water heater repairs, get in touch with our team and we’ll be glad to send one of our expert technicians out to your property to solve the issue as quickly as possible.