With the arrival of spring comes the gorgeous weather you have been waiting for all winter, but along with it comes the arrival of pollen.
Many of our customers worry about the arrival of spring because of the uptick in allergies that the pollen causes.
However, there are many smart ways that you can keep the allergens in your home down to a minimum. Here are 10 tips that you can use to help keep the air in your home free of dust and pollen this spring.
Keep the Floors Clean
- The first way that you can keep your home dust and allergen free is to stick to a regular cleaning schedule. Make sure that you clean your floors every day or every other day to keep the dust and pollen out of your home.
- To get your carpets their cleanest, you should use a HEPA vacuum cleaner to trap allergens.
- If you are serious about keeping your floors clean and allergens out of your home, you should institute a no-shoes policy inside your home. The members of your family and guests alike should take their shoes off as soon as they come inside before they start tracking allergens all over your house.
- Think about getting rid of carpet and using hard flooring surfaces to keep dust and pollen from getting trapped.
Keep Your Bed Clean
- One of the areas of your home that seems to soak up dust like a sponge is your bed. You should change your bedding at least once a week.
- You should also make sure to clean thoroughly under your bed while you are changing your bedding. The area under you bed is a natural trap for dust, pollen and other allergens.
- Think about using a hypo-allergenic pillow and keeping it covered with an air-tight cover so that you breathe easier while you are sleeping.
Air Filters Are Your Best Friend
- Of course, using quality air filters is the best way to keep your home free of dust and pollen.
- HEPA air filters are always your best bet. You should make sure to put them in the areas that are most used by your family.
- For maximum protection, getting an expert to install a whole-house air quality purifier in your HVAC system is the best solution to get the air in your home as clean as possible.
Get your Dundalk home ready for Spring with a air quality services! Just Call Reliability Home Heating & Air at (443) 399-8663 and breathe in the fresh air you need!