Choosing the right kind of HVAC system to keep your home cool can feel like an overwhelming decision.
With so much variation it can be difficult to keep track of the best choices for you and your loved ones, but luckily we’ve put together this list of top HVAC brands that we recommend to stay cool and comfortable:
1. Carrier Home ComfortWe love the Carrier brand, and there are a variety of reasons why their products are consistently rated as being some of the best in the industry.
Carrier products are optimized for maximum energy efficiency and meet Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER), Annual Fuel Utilization (AFUE) ratings and more, making them a great option for homeowners who are concerned about keeping monthly energy costs low.
Some products you can expect from Carrier are:
- Air conditioners
- Heat pumps
- Geothermal heat pumps
- Gas furnaces
However, buying top-of-the-line HVAC equipment means that your Carrier products will come with a higher price tag than some other brands.
That being said, when it comes to a dependable and trusted brand, you can’t really get any better than Carrier Home Comfort.
2. Nortek GlobalNortek may not feel like a familiar name, but they make several brands which may ring a bell, including Westinghouse, Frigidaire, Kelvinator, and Maytag.
In particular, the Maytag M1200 PSA4BI iQ Drive split-system central air conditioner gets our recommendation thanks to its quietness and efficiency. With EER ratings up to 15 and SEER ratings of up to 25.e, this Energy Star approved model is a great investment.
3. American StandardAmerican Standard has often been billed as the “Cadillac of HVAC” because it’s one of the most reliable brands in the industry. Not only do their products tend to last a long time, but they’re also great about upholding and respecting their 10-year warranties which cover both parts and labor.
A stand-out product from this company is the American Standard XV20i central AC unit, which is a durable, environmentally-friendly system with lots of advanced features, including being able to control it from your smartphone.
4. LennoxLennox is well known for being a great energy-efficient option, and since the company prides itself on pushing the “efficiency envelope” many of their products have significantly higher SEER levels.
One great example is the Lennox XC21 air conditioner, which works quietly and efficiently and is well worth the upfront investment.
Another bonus is that many Lennox products accept more than one type of fuel, and it’s not unusual to find a system which can use both gas and a heat pump to work effectively.
5. AmanaIf you’re looking for high-performing products within the 13 to 18 SEER range, then you won’t be disappointed with your Amana product. Not only do they produce high-quality products, but Amana is also known for having some of the best warranties in the industry, meaning as a customer you can rest easy knowing that your investment will run perfectly for years to come.
For more information about the right HVAC brands to suit your needs, contact Reliability Home in Dundalk, MD at (443) 399-8663 today and let us help keep you cool this summer.