Unfortunately, plumbing issues can be unpredictable. And when they happen, they can cause a lot of damage very quickly. That’s why it’s important to get professional help as soon as you can. For plumbing emergencies and routine services, call Reliability Home Services. We provide 24 hour plumbing repair to the Halethorpe, MD area.
We provide the following plumbing services to the Halethorpe, MD area:
- Water Line Repair and Installation
- Water Filtration
- Sump Pump Services
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Drain Cleaning
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Gas Leak Detection
- Repiping Services
We strive to provide each customer with prompt and expert services. Read our testimonials to see what our clients have to say!
Possible Causes of a Burst Pipe Emergency
Burst pipes can cause a major plumbing emergency. While they might start as a small leak, soon they can create a large amount of water damage in your home. What causes pipes to burst? Take a look at several possible causes:
- Freezing temperatures: When temperatures dip too low, the water inside pipes can freeze and then expand until the pipe bursts.
- Major clogs: A major blockage in a pipe can cause water pressure to build up and lead to ruptures.
- Aging pipes: As pipes age, they can corrode, crack, and eventually break.
- Tree roots: If your pipes are located near tree roots, they can infiltrate your system and cause pipes to burst.
- Construction: Major projects near piping systems can cause them to rupture if any pipes are damaged during the construction.
Once a pipe bursts, time is of the essence when it comes to repairing it. At Reliability Home Services, we understand that the damage caused by a burst pipe emergency cannot wait until morning to be addressed. That’s why we’re available to you 24-hours a day, to offer emergency plumbing repair!
Signs You Should Replace Your Water Heater
It’s important to have a functioning water heater. That’s why it’s key to replace your unit before it stops functioning completely. To determine when you should request water heater replacement, watch for these signs:
- Age: If your unit is older and nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Losing efficiency: If your unit is no longer properly heating your water.
- Rust and corrosion: If you notice rust and corrosion on the inside or outside of your unit.
- Leaking: If you notice signs of leaking around the system.
- Rusty water: If you notice your drinking water has a rusty color.
- Cracks: If you notice cracks on the inside or outside of your unit.
If you’re looking for more plumbing tips and advice, you can find it on our blog!
4 Ways to Avoid Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can be a nuisance for your household. To prevent dealing with backed-up sinks and smelly drains, use these tips to prevent blockages from forming in your pipes:
- Keep food scraps and grease out of your kitchen drains. Instead, scrape any extra food into the garbage can. To dispose of grease, first, let it cool and then throw it in the trash can.
- Install a screen over the bathtub and shower drains to catch any hair before it goes down the drain.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
Have a professional drain cleaning company, like Reliability Home Services, that you can call for regular drain cleanings.