When a plumbing issue occurs, it’s important to take action fast. A small problem can quickly escalate and cause major damage to your home. Whether you’re facing a plumbing emergency or need routine maintenance, call Reliability Home Services. We provide prompt and expert 24 hour plumbing services to the Odenton, MD, area.
We provide complete, expert plumbing services to Odenton, MD, including:
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Drain Cleaning
- Gas Leak Detection
- Repiping Services
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Line Repair and Installation
- Water Filtration
Find out why our customers value our work in our client testimonials!
Can Clogged Toilets Lead to a Plumbing Emergency?
The answer is, surprisingly, yes! You can avoid the extensive water damage to your home and the health risks to your family by installing a new, better functioning toilet.
Take a look at these signs that can indicate you need a new unit installed:
- Age: If your unit is older, and especially if it requires repairs or replacement parts to keep it functioning, it can be more cost-effective to install a new unit.
- Cracks: If your toilet develops cracks — even if they are small at first — they can expand into larger cracks that can eventually cause water damage to your home.
- Constant clogs: Newer toilets are built with better designs that have more force to prevent clogging. If your older unit clogs frequently, it can make sense to replace it with a newer model.
- Wear and tear: If your toilet has scratches or stains on it, it can make the unit appear dirty. If this happens, it can be time to replace the unit.
- High utility bills: Older units tend to use more water than newer models. If your monthly water bill is increasing, it can be more cost-effective to install a new unit.
If your toilet is overflowing in the middle of the night and you don’t know what to do, call your trusted emergency plumbing service- Reliability Home Services! Our team is available to help you with expert 24 hour plumbing repair.
Water Heater Issues to Watch out for
Having a functioning water heater can be very important to your family’s comfort. After all, who wants to shower or bathe in cold water? When your unit malfunctions, it’s essential to get it repaired as soon as possible.
Here are some signs to watch for that can indicate you may need professional hot water tank repair or water heater maintenance:
- Lack of hot water: If your unit is not producing hot water, it can indicate several issues, including an extinguished pilot light. A plumber should examine the unit to determine if it needs to be relit or if it’s damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Leaking: Any leaks should be inspected by a professional to determine their exact location and cause.
- Excess noise: Loud or unusual noises can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment.
- Cracks: All cracks should be inspected by a plumber to determine if they can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
Check out our blog for more great plumbing tips and tricks from our experts!
Advantages to Having Your Pipes Professionally Cleaned
Clogged drain repair might seem like something you can do yourself, but there are advantages to calling a professional drain cleaning company to help maintain your pipes.
Some of the benefits can include:
- Clean stubborn clogs that you are unable to fully remove yourself.
- Eliminate slow drains by removing even small blockages.
- Lower the risk of plumbing emergencies by completely removing the clogs.
- Reduce odors coming from food or debris trapped inside pipes.
- Allow plumbers to locate other plumbing issues that can turn into larger problems later.